Restore your spine’s health and whole body wellbeing with Beingwell Healthcare chiropractors. We have 5 chiropractors with decades of experience, operating across our two Melbourne clinics in Prahran and Highett.
Our doctors treat neuromusculoskeletal disorders, alleviate pain, increase joint, muscle and bone mobility and improve the functioning of the nervous system. A Beingwell Healthcare chiropractor not only treats the medical symptoms, but addresses the underlying causes of the injury. Our practitioners are dedicated to gaining long lasting, improved results for your health and therefore seek to correct the musculoskeletal issues as well as the contributing factors, lifestyle habits and stresses which are associated with the problem. As a part of the Beingwell Healthcare centre our chiropractors also have the ability work on health programs with a range of specialists in areas such as food allergies, nutrition, stress management and counselling. This clinical, holistic and integrated approach assists you to enjoy optimal health and prevent illness.
Beingwell chiropractors treat a range of health issues including the following symptoms and conditions:
- Ear infections
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Back pain
- High or low blood pressure
- Neck pain
- Hip pain
- Immune deficiencies
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Joint injuries eg: elbow, wrist, shoulder, knee and ankle pain
- Surgery prevention
- Inflammation or joint swelling
- Accident rehabilitation and whiplash
- Bad posture
- Athlete performance training
- Nerve tension causing numbness and pain
- Stiffness and myofacial tension.
- Spondylolisthesis – Vertebra out of place which can be caused by trigger points, tight back muscles or slips or falls or other issues.
- Sport injuries such as soft tissue injuries: muscle strain, tendonitis, contusions & ligament sprains.
At Beingwell Healthcare our chiropractors assess your condition and discuss your needs. All techniques are safely and gently carried out and the treatment style is also guided by your individual preferences. Techniques that may be employed range from manual techniques such as manipulation or mobilisation to more massage focused methods.
- Gentle manual methods such as activator techniques, cranio-sacral, sacro-occiptal, applied kinesiology, stretching and soft tissue massage.
- Manual procedures such as soft tissue and reflex techniques.
- Manipulation. Adjustments to the spine or joints.
- Spinal decompression.
- After care exercises and programs
- Computerised posture analysis
Our chiropractors can also provide:
- Health insurance assessments.
- Work health and safety assessments.
- Rehabilitation programs.
- Mobility fitness assessments prior to starting exercise programs.
Our chiropractics approach not only helps to eliminate acute and chronic pain, it also helps you increase flexibility, improve mobility and function, increase strength, enhance balance, and increase the overall quality of your life. Some of the outcomes we achieve with clients are:
- Pain relief without medication.
- Increased range of motion of the spine and extremity joints.
- Better balance and coordination.
- Reduced joint degeneration and other arthritic changes.
- Decreased incidence of falling and injury.
- Better health and wellbeing.
- Greater understanding of your body.
- Increased patient knowledge about health and exercises.
- Improved vertebrae mobility.
- Improved blood flow to help reduce inflammation.
- Improved nerve function which can have many additional benefits.
Treatments: What To Expect
The Beingwell Chiropractics team are good communicators, empathetic and passionate about health and wellness. In each consultation we listen to your description of symptoms, concerns and preferences and clearly answer your questions. Our doctors assess your condition and provide appropriate, realistic prognosis of treatments. We aim to alleviate your pain as fast as possible and also prevent the issue reoccurring.
It’s important to note: some physical conditions are treatable but also require lifestyle or exercise changes to completely eradicate the issue. Other severe conditions such as scoliosis are treatable but not curable. Alternatively you may benefit from just a single chiropractic consultation and a set of take-home exercises to achieve the best results. We recommend what is best for you.
Here’s an outline of what you can expect during a consultation.
- Medical history assessment
- A variety of tests are performed to assess your structure and movement.
- Additional x-rays may be recommended.
- Key specific exercises to assist with recovery and improvement
Follow up Consultation
- Review of your symptoms and health
- Follow up mobility tests and assessments
- Education and advice
- Self management plan and program
- Initial Consultation: 45 minutes
- Report of Findings Consultation: 45 minutes
- Standard Consultations: 15-20 minutes
Your consultation starts seated as we take down your history. Next we can carry out joint mobility tests which often requires you stand or bend. The final stage is the treatment where patients lie down on the chiropractic table (bed).
Our chiropractors have a wealth of knowledge about the spine, the nervous and muscular systems, movement, exercise, and nutrition and are regularly invited as guest speakers at community and corporate workshops and events. We have doctors who specialise in family chiropractic care, nutrition, food allergies, sports medicine and orthopedics. Learn more about team and choose a chiropractor that suits you.
Find A Chiropractor
Practitioner Profiles: Get to know our Chiropractics team.
Prahran Clinic: Dr Carrie Ann Gallagher, Dr Flynn Pettersson, Dr Anthony Yeuong.
Highett Clinic: Dr Robyn Graley, Dr Anthony Yeuong